[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Void's Forums • View topic - Red Hat & Java question

Red Hat & Java question

Place to discuss Fedora and/or Red Hat

Red Hat & Java question

Postby Ice9 » Sat Feb 15, 2003 1:46 pm

I tried to install Limewire, it gives me "Error: can't find libjava.so"
(it's in /usr/lib/j2re1.3.1/lib/ppc)

So next I verified if the java path was in my .bash_profile, it wasn't.
I added it (/usr/lib/j2re1.3.1/bin) thinking that the problem would be solved ....
It wasn't, still the same error, so I switch to a terminal and do
$ which java
and I got
/usr/bin/java

Why? It's not the path I added and libjava.so still gives an error when I try to install Limewire???

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
Ice9
guru
guru

Postby Void Main » Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:07 pm

Your limewire app is looking for the library libjava.so. You could add the directory that libjava.so is in (/usr/lib/j2re1.3.1/lib/ppc) to the /etc/ld.so.conf file and then run the "ldconfig" command, or create symbolic links in /usr/lib that point to the java libraries. If neither of those have an effect then the limewire app must be hard coded to look for it in another directory which would be both unusual and bad. Can you compile from source? Also I assume you are running a Mac?
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ice9 » Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:19 pm

Erm, no I'm not running a Mac, but I wondered if the /ppc dir my libjava.so is in meant powerpc, I guess it does :)
So it's not gonna work is it?
I installed the standard runtime I downloaded from Sun I think, could it be that something went wrong during the install?

If I download a new version and install it, won't it interfere with the java plugin I have for Mozilla?
Do I have to clean up j2re1.3.1 before installing another version?
Ice9
guru
guru

Postby Void Main » Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:35 pm

Yeah, if you don't have a PPC then you have the wrong Java. Get rid of it and install the x86 version. I have the j2re v1.4.1 RPM installed on my machine. But I don't have limewire so I can't tell you if it will work or not.

http://java.sun.com/linux
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ice9 » Sat Feb 15, 2003 3:00 pm

Ice9
guru
guru

Postby Void Main » Sat Feb 15, 2003 3:17 pm

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin