However Mozilla seemed to never use them, I found that a little odd but it didn't bother me too much.
But a few days ago when I started using stylesheets for my site I decided to experiment a little with fonts to see which one would fit it best.
Every MS font I wanted to use resulted in Mozilla's default (sans-serif I thik), so I went back to check your tip, did /usr/sbin/chkfontpath, checked /etc/X11/fs/config, the TTF were listed!
If I remember correctly Calum had a similar problem when adding them ......
I read up a little on the subject an came accross a post on a forum which was essentiually the same as your tip except for the final line :
"As root edit /etc/X11/XF86config and add
Code: Select all
I did that, restarted X and tested it, Mozilla recognized the fonts.