[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Void's Forums • View topic - how to troubleshoot a program?

how to troubleshoot a program?

Place to discuss Fedora and/or Red Hat

how to troubleshoot a program?

Postby Ice9 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:21 pm

I know this is a silly post but I'd like to be able to solve this :?
How could I troubleshoot ksirtet for instance?
On my wife's pc (running FC3) all of a sudden - or maybe after something our youngest one did without knowing - the behavior of ksirtet changed.
As you can see on screenshot there is an option to enable direct drop-down.
Well, yesterday when she started the game, even when the option was not enabled in the menu, it was enabled in-game.
Enabling/disabling it in the menu has absolutely no effect in-game and this is driving her nuts since this is virtually the only game she ever plays.

I tried wiping out the config file in the .kde folder, reinstalling the kdegames package, installing older versions of kdegames, wiping out every ksirtet related file I could find and reinstall, nothing helped.
I'm starting to think that something els has been altered but I can't find out what, I checked khotkeys, my keymap, the keyboard shortcuts, nothing seemed wrong.
And on top of that there's virtually no information about ksirtet available on the net.

Has anybody ever had the same or a similar problem?
Any ideas?
Ice9
guru
guru

Postby Void Main » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:26 pm

I see the same behavior but I think I have a workaround (mind you I've never played this game before):

1. Click "Settings"->"Configure Shortcuts"
2. Scroll down and click the "One Line Down" shortcut
3. Click on the button (probably says "None" on it)
4. Click in the top white box and press the "Down Arrow" key
5. Say "Yes" when it asks you if you really want to reassign it
6. Enjoy
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ice9 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:42 pm

That is a workaround I found too, it's not the same as when the drop down function behaves normally though and when you use this workaround it plays quite slower.
This is driving me nuts because I can't pinpoint what changed!
I've tried this on several boxes running Debian (mine), FC3 (my wife's) and Libranet (the kids' box) and the only one that behaves oddly is the FC3 box!
On my box when I press the down arrow the blocks drop down and when I release the down arrow they stop dropping and come down normally so you can move them sideways to correct their course, on my wife's box when you press the down arrow the blocks drop down until they hit the bottom without having the possibility to move sideways anymore, so when you hit the down arrow by mistake you're screwed!

I'm running the KDE-redhat packages on it and I thought of removing KDE and reinstall the stock packages but if you say you're having the same "problem" ....
I suppose I could try to e-mail the author but this seems so trivial that I hesitate to bother him with this.
Ice9
guru
guru

Postby Void Main » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:06 am

It won't hurt to send an email to the author. He might know what the problem is.
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Membrax » Mon May 09, 2005 9:18 am

Membrax
scripter
scripter

Postby Ice9 » Mon May 09, 2005 1:45 pm

Read my post again - 3rd line
After that, turn around and face my gauntlet :twisted:
Ice9
guru