[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Void's Forums • View topic - alsa on red hat

alsa on red hat

Place to discuss Fedora and/or Red Hat

alsa on red hat

Postby Calum » Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:06 pm

Calum
guru
guru

Postby Ice9 » Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:29 pm

Ice9
guru
guru

Postby Calum » Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:20 pm

i don't think i have done that.
i used apt to download all the rpms and install them, but i did not do anything else. now whenever i try and use alsaplayer or alsamixer or the alsa plugin in xmms i get a bunch of no such file or directory stuff.

now i am most confused by that mini howto at http://www.alsa-project.org/~valentyn/ - i printed it out yesterday from the ibiblio.org but it is highly confusing to me and it weighs in at 30 pages, so i just wondered what that crucial step is that i am obviously not doing between installing the rpms and getting it to work.
is this like mplayer where i will need to install from source in order to get it to work.

i'll read it a bit more tomorrow.
thanks!
Calum
guru
guru

Postby Ice9 » Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:51 pm

As I understand it, in order for your soundcard to use the alsa driver you need to load the driver first.
I also read some stuff on runninf alsaconf to configure the driver and choose the right alsa driver for your soundcard.
Ice9
guru
guru

Postby Calum » Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:18 pm

i don't have an alsaconf, however i do have an alsactl which seems woefully undocumented.
it will turn out to be something to do with modules i bet. will read (or try to) more tomorrow.
Calum
guru
guru

Postby Doogee » Fri Feb 21, 2003 7:43 am

hehe calum we have the exact same computer and mine works fine in redhat and all apps. oh well. by the way whats your case look like? i wonder if these were mass produced or sometihng cos i got it from some shop owned by an indian in fairfeild (if you can remeber that place)
Doogee
administrator
administrator

Postby Calum » Sat Feb 22, 2003 1:35 pm

Calum
guru
guru

Return to Fedora/Red Hat