[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Void's Forums • View topic - tovid - Very nice video authoring utility!

tovid - Very nice video authoring utility!

Place to discuss Fedora and/or Red Hat

tovid - Very nice video authoring utility!

Postby Void Main » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:11 pm

I have created FC4 RPMs for tovid and wxPython2.6. This is an extremely cool utility that will convert your video files and create menus for DVD/VCD/SVCD. It's the best and easiest to use utility of it's type that I have found for Linux yet. Here's the home site:
http://tovid.berlios.de/en/

A screen shot:
http://tovid.berlios.de/en/images/screenshot_menu.png

WARNING: I had trouble with this for a while until I realized that the current "mplayer" package from freshrpms seems to be broken. tovid uses mplayer to video conversion. I instaled the latest mplayer RPM from it's and now tovid works perfectly.

The FC4 RPMS:
http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/files/RPMS/tovid/
http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/files/RPMS/wxPython/

Or if you have my apt repo in your sources.list then just:

# apt-get update
# apt-get install tovid

Enjoy!
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby worker201 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:21 pm

I installed that program a few weeks ago, and it was a complete failure. I used it to transcode a 1.5GB AVI file, and it created an mpeg that was like 45K. I think I will stick to Transcode and AVIDemux.
worker201
guru
guru

Postby Void Main » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:48 pm

That's because the FC4 mplayer is broken like I said in my original post. If you install a working mplayer you will not have that problem.
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby worker201 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:27 pm

worker201
guru
guru

Return to Fedora/Red Hat