[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Void's Forums • View topic - Lock Screen question

Lock Screen question

Place to discuss Fedora and/or Red Hat

Lock Screen question

Postby moto526 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:38 pm

Okay I hope I am posting this in the right forum...

So I used the software updater and now I am all up to date but when my screen saver kicks in and I lock the screen I go to the enter password prompt and the screen changed. I went to a cool looking screen before and now I have this black screen. Is there a way to get back my cool blue screen that had more information?

Thanks in advance!
moto526
scripter
scripter

Postby Void Main » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:54 am

On your menu you can set your screensaver/lock preferences:

f->"System"->"Preferences"->"Screensaver"

Or am I misunderstanding your question? Make sure you have the screensaver packages installed:

xscreensaver-base
xscreensaver-extras
xscreensaver-gl-extras
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby moto526 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:46 am

I have a screen saver that is working....
When I first installed the os it worked, when the screen locked becasue the screen saver turned on it went to the welcome screen like windows. Then I ran that update in applications>system tools>software updater and now when the screen saver kicks in and locks the desktop it goes to a black screen when I move the mouse. It does give me the option to log back in but I would like to get that welcome screen back instead of that black screen with a little white box to enter my password.

I also looked at the system>administration>lock screen and it has the correct login screen that has not changed, just when the screen saver kicks in and then I want to enter my password.

Here is a show of my screen saver, am I missing anything?
moto526
scripter
scripter

Postby Void Main » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:13 am

Wow, that's completely different than my screensaver preferences:

http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/i/screensaver.png

How did you get to your screensaver preferences? The one that comes up for me is the same as if you ran the "xscreensaver-demo" command.
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby moto526 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:17 am

System>preferences>Screen saver

How are you running the comands?

Don't forget I'm a neewby...
moto526
scripter
scripter

Postby Void Main » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:35 am

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby moto526 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:02 am

Well you have the idea of what I am trying to get back to...

You see it went to the blue screen before I ran the software update. After I ran the software update and restared ever since my lock out screen turned black. I used to have that blue screen with the options and all I had to do was enter my password to get back in same as now but the screen changed.

It is like in windows when you lock the desktop you go to a screen with the user account icon and you click on that to enter your password and get back in to your desktop. There are ways to set it up to look like the login for windows 2000 or the new way for XP. That is the way this is now, before when the screen saver started and locked the desktop, when I went to enter my passwrd I had a nice blue screen (like the welcome screen) to enter my password. Now I have, like a windows 2000 login box with a black background.

Here is my error:
moto526
scripter
scripter

Postby Void Main » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:24 am

Hmmm, I'm not sure. I don't ever remember having a blue background on the screen unlock prompt. That doesn't mean there never was one, I just don't remember seeing it. I can also tell you one other thing, this ain't Windows and comparing things to how they work in Windows won't help me any because I don't use Windows. :) The last version I had any heavy dealings with was NT 4.0 and I'm still trying to get that smell off. :)
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby moto526 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:37 pm

moto526
scripter
scripter

Postby Void Main » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:06 pm

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby moto526 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:17 am