[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Void's Forums • View topic - laptop suspending to disk

laptop suspending to disk

Place to discuss Fedora and/or Red Hat

laptop suspending to disk

Postby Master of Reality » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:34 pm

Most of the time when i suspend to disk it wakes up perfectly fine, but occasionally it will just sit there with the "_" at the corner of the blank screen.

I end up having to shut off the laptop and turn it back on to make it boot normally. Any ideas as to why this happens?
Master of Reality
guru
guru

Postby Void Main » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:52 pm

I never have gotten suspend to disk working perfectly and reliably. There has always been some quirk that caused me not to use it. I just do a normal shutdown when I'm done using my laptop. I know that doesn't answer your question but just adding my experiences. Of course I never have tried in in FC5, maybe it works better. I had X issues when coming out of a suspend to disk the last time I gave up on it. It's also very hardware dependent as to how many problems you might have from my experience.
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby cdhgold » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:13 am

cdhgold
administrator
administrator

Postby Master of Reality » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:00 am

Master of Reality
guru
guru

Postby Void Main » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:24 am