FC4 Dual Head Setup?

Place to discuss Fedora and/or Red Hat
ZiaTioN
administrator
administrator

FC4 Dual Head Setup?

Post by ZiaTioN » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:39 am

I have a dual head (monitor) setup right now on my laptop at work with a desktop monitor and all works fine except that when using "Individual Desktops" I can not drag windows from one desktop to the other and when I have it set as "Spanning Desktops" I can drag windows from one to the other now but my desktop is split in half (meaning the left side of my desktop including the wallpaper image is on one screen and the right half is on the other). I do not like this spanning setup for this very reason so I choose to run Individual Desktops but want a way to eaither drag windows from one to the other or at least "send" a window from one monitor to another. I can right click the window and move it to a different workspace but this does just that, moves the window to a different workspace on the same monitor and is not what I want to do.

Anyone know how to do what I want with the setup I have?

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:58 am

I don't believe you can have your cake and eat it too but I could be wrong on that. It's been a while since I ran a multi-head setup but I'll try and dig for some answers. I just don't think it's possible to do what you want to do because you are actually running two separate desktops. I used to actually run two different Window managers, one on the left monitor and a different one on the right. They surely couldn't pass Windows between each other but the mouse was able to move between them.