[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Void's Forums • View topic - Interesting 403 issue.

Interesting 403 issue.

Place to discuss Fedora and/or Red Hat

Interesting 403 issue.

Postby ZiaTioN » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:34 pm

I have setup a .htaccess file for my website and symlinked to it from my scriptalias directory. Now when I ban my ip address and access the main page I get a 403 but I also get a 404 document not found when trying to show one of my custom error pages. When I try and access any script in my script alias directory I get the proper error page.

I looked in my log files and saw that when I access the main page, apache looks for a "noindex.html" file saying that it can not find an index page? Of course I did not have one in my custom error file directory so I got the 404 error. Why would this happen when I try and access the index file on the docroot and not when I access any script in my script alias dir?

I know the redirect to the custom error files work properly, I just do n ot know why apache thinks there is noindex file when I try to access the docroot and not the script alias.
ZiaTioN
administrator
administrator

Postby Void Main » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:38 pm

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ZiaTioN » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:53 am

Sure,

with my ip address banned, when I access the main website page it does restrict my access because of the ban and tries to show the 403 error page. The error page it tries to show is "noindex.html" which is weird because I have the 403 error showing a page called 403.html.

When I access any other part of the site (not the main index page) I still get banned but nowe I see the proper 403.html page. I just want to know why apache tries to show the noindex.html page when I try and access the main page of the site but shows the proper error page when I access any other part of the site.
ZiaTioN
administrator
administrator

Postby Void Main » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:18 am

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby moto526 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:21 am

moto526
scripter
scripter

Postby Void Main » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:34 am

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ZiaTioN » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:32 pm

ZiaTioN
administrator
administrator

Postby Void Main » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:43 pm

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ZiaTioN » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:51 pm

ZiaTioN
administrator
administrator

Postby ZiaTioN » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:52 pm

Let me know if these files came through or not. I am not sure if they were sent since I could not view the directory. The session said successful but who knows.
ZiaTioN
administrator
administrator

Postby Void Main » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:00 pm

Yeah I got them and I looked at them a little, then I went to your site and had to turn off JavaScript to prevent all the popups from smacking me in the face. :) Every time I start looking at your situation I keep getting side tracked.
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ZiaTioN » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:00 pm

Yeah don't worry about it. I have had it working since before I posted the issue here. I can always come up with work arounds, was just curious as to why the problem existed in the first place.

Besides visting the site is not going to tell you anything unless I ban your IP.
ZiaTioN
administrator
administrator

Return to Fedora/Red Hat