Humble request

Place to discuss Fedora and/or Red Hat
Post Reply
Tux
guru
guru
Posts: 689
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2003 10:40 am

Humble request

Post by Tux » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:39 pm

Hi Guys,

I have a problem.

There is a program I am trying to build here, but it uses some older wine code which doesn't seem to play nice on a 64-bit arch.
I'm too lazy to go and patch this code to build a working 64-bit RPM, so I hoped to compile it for 32 bit but this didnt work out either.

Soooo.... since I am far too lazy to install a 32-bit FC5 system for this one package.....

I was wondering whether one of you kind folk (with a 32-bit RPM build environment on FC5) would care to rebuild this source RPM for me?

Pretty Please

User avatar
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5712
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:24 am
Location: Tuxville, USA
Contact:

Post by Void Main » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:41 pm

Sure, what sort of package is it. You can ftp it to voidmain.is-a-geek.net anonymously into the /uploads directory.

Tux
guru
guru
Posts: 689
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2003 10:40 am

Post by Tux » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:07 pm

Hey void, it's called gyachi and it's a Yahoo! instant messaging client.

You''ll notice that there's a spec as well as the src.rpm, this is because the specfile needed modification for Fedora.

Thanks for this :D

Tux
guru
guru
Posts: 689
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2003 10:40 am

Post by Tux » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:19 am

Hye void, sorry to be a nag.

Did the package build?

ZiaTioN
administrator
administrator
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:28 pm
Contact:

Post by ZiaTioN » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:07 am

I am sure you like this app for a reason but have you considered using Gaim?

User avatar
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5712
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:24 am
Location: Tuxville, USA
Contact:

Post by Void Main » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:15 am

Tux wrote:Hye void, sorry to be a nag.

Did the package build?
I'm extremely sorry for losing track of this thread!!! For some reason I didn't see your reply that you had uploaded it. I'll try and get on it this evening after some motorcycle repairs and a round of golf that I am about to get started on. Hopefully I don't lose track of it again. My memory is really starting to go in the last year. Age starting to catch up I am afraid. Please don't hesitate to send another reminder if I fall asleep at the wheel again! :)

EDIT: I went ahead and tried to build it since that would only take a few minutes if it were successful. Unfortunately there is a problem with the build process so it will have to wait until this evening. It compiled for quite a while before it go to a point where it couldn't find a header:

Code: Select all

gyachi-gpgme.c:27:19: error: gpgme.h: No such file or directory
Hopefully I can figure out where the problem is when I have more time to look at it.

JoeDude
administrator
administrator
Posts: 355
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:41 pm
Location: Sutton Coldfield, UK
Contact:

Post by JoeDude » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:29 am

I tried the old version of GYach-E and it worked well enough...got the web cam going on it, text colors and stuff, but never got the sound going. I talked to some other GYach users and they said it didn't matter which vers you used, they never got the sound right. However they did recommend I go to GYach-I as they still work on that one.

Now I just have to read up and remember the commands to remove files so I can install GYach-I...Oh yeah, and convert them to Deb files...which I have yet to learn...

Tux
guru
guru
Posts: 689
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2003 10:40 am

Post by Tux » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:59 pm

Void Main wrote:...stuff...
Hell, don't worry about it.

Also, gpgme is provided in Fedora Extras. I did try to fix all the dependancies for Fedora in the spec, but I could only get so far in he build process which limited my ability to spot them all.

Thanks again.

Tux
guru
guru
Posts: 689
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2003 10:40 am

Post by Tux » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:03 pm

ZiaTioN wrote:I am sure you like this app for a reason but have you considered using Gaim?
I have considered it, and used it. Unfortunately Gaim doesn't support video messaging for Yahoo! and I have certain friends it would be useful to video-chat with they are travelling.

----------------------------------------------------
JoeDude wrote:...

Now I just have to read up and remember the commands to remove files so I can install GYach-I...Oh yeah, and convert them to Deb files...which I have yet to learn...
Someone has been there and done that for you :-)
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=190900

PS. My regards to your wife.

User avatar
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5712
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:24 am
Location: Tuxville, USA
Contact:

Post by Void Main » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:22 pm


JoeDude
administrator
administrator
Posts: 355
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:41 pm
Location: Sutton Coldfield, UK
Contact:

Post by JoeDude » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:10 pm

Tux wrote:
ZiaTioN wrote:I am sure you like this app for a reason but have you considered using Gaim?
I have considered it, and used it. Unfortunately Gaim doesn't support video messaging for Yahoo! and I have certain friends it would be useful to video-chat with they are travelling.

----------------------------------------------------
JoeDude wrote:...

Now I just have to read up and remember the commands to remove files so I can install GYach-I...Oh yeah, and convert them to Deb files...which I have yet to learn...
Someone has been there and done that for you :-)
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=190900

PS. My regards to your wife.
Uh huh...Would these be female freinds? Naughty naughty ;)

LOL...now why didn't I think of checking there. Thanx Tux. Biritish Chic says hello.

Tux
guru
guru
Posts: 689
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2003 10:40 am

Post by Tux » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:41 pm

Wow, thanks for that void. Works a charm.





Joe: you are a bad bad man.

Post Reply