Fedora Core 6

Place to discuss Fedora and/or Red Hat
byrdman
administrator
administrator

Post by byrdman » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:35 pm

I think you would like our new webmaster...even though he is big into Flash, he is REALLY big on php and mysql. He is really good at what he does...plus, I think our CEO likes all that jazzy stuff. I can set up a policy if you email me your nat addr to my work account...

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:08 am

I don't need no stinking policy to get into your systems. :) Just kidding, there is already a policy to allow me in to the one I need access to. Maybe your partner in crime should get your webmaster to rewrite that app I wrote for him into something useful. Then I wouldn't have to get in and make changes to it. I would almost be embarrassed to let him look at it. :)

byrdman
administrator
administrator

Post by byrdman » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:13 am

we have talked about porting that over into mysql...there is still a fee available...$$ or hardware...pretty good stuff, better than what you got before...:)

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:14 am

I'm there! Actually porting to MySQL shouldn't really take to long at all. I use MySQL and Oracle where I work now. We have gobs of MySQL databases and some big Oracle installations.

byrdman
administrator
administrator

Post by byrdman » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:15 am

Off the subject, I am at home trying to upgrade to the latest packages and apt is reporting that I have tons of duplicate packages. Is there a way that I can get rid of all the older versions of the packages instead of doing a "rpm -e" for each one?

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:19 am

Chances are there are not that many dupes. I run into that on an upgrade often (not sure exactly why it happens). It usually looks like a lot but the most I've had is around 4 or 5 total dupes. I don't know of an automated way to remove them and have always "rpm -e"'d the older versions manually. I just make sure I include the version in the package name. It is a little annoying.