more software suggestions wanted

Place to discuss Fedora and/or Red Hat
cdhgold
administrator
administrator

more software suggestions wanted

Post by cdhgold » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:36 pm

First thanks to all on here who have responded to my questions last few days it has been great getting converted to linux as primary OS here at work.

my question this time is software to rip cds to mp3 in windoze i was using real player which let me specify format for file names and folder names so that it created a folder with album name and made the file name artist-track name.mp3 at the higest sampling rate possible. suggestiosn for linux alternative?

Chris

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:45 pm

There are many but I have always used Grip. It's included with Fedora. It works perfectly for me and it's simple to use although I am sure there are "prettier" ones out there if looks are important to you.

Master of Reality
guru
guru

Post by Master of Reality » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:40 pm

if your using KDE, konqueror has virtual folders when you browse to the CD... there are a folders for OGG, MP3, and some others. Once you copy the files or the folders to your hard drive it automatically rips to the specified format.

Calum
guru
guru

Post by Calum » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:44 am

i recommend grip as well. it is very good, and very easy to understand. It's roughly analogous to using CDexOS on windows, i would say.