[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Void's Forums • View topic - FC6 and disk larger than 2 terabytes

FC6 and disk larger than 2 terabytes

Place to discuss Fedora and/or Red Hat

Postby Void Main » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:41 pm

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Basher52 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:46 pm

Basher52
guru
guru

Postby Void Main » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:10 pm

What OS and version are you running? xfs tools should be included with fc6 since you can install it from the installation CD. Do an "apt-cache search xfs" or "yum search xfs" or "smart search xfs" and install the appropriate bits. They should also be on your istall CD. Looks like "xfsprogs" would be the key package to install. I just did an "apt-get install xfsprogs" on the Void server and now I have xfs tools and man pages:

$
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Basher52 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:32 pm

I use FC6. I installed the source but now I removed that and got the RPM instead :)
Last edited by Basher52 on Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Basher52
guru
guru

Postby Void Main » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:30 pm

Here's something interesting to note if you want to install FC6 on an xfs partition:

http://blog.twisty-industries.com/users ... mpressions

I don't think you should have that issue creating secondary file systems as xfs though.
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Basher52 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:49 pm

Interesting read :)
Basher52
guru
guru

Postby Basher52 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:02 am

Basher52
guru
guru

Postby Void Main » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:33 am

So you are using the whole disk method I see (not creating a partition). I did a lot of searching aroung the net last night and saw some posts that indicated more than just partition problems with file systems >2TB. I saw where under certain common conditions where someone would get file system corruption on several different file system formats, including xfs. Then I saw another post where a guy had created 2 4TB arrays and used LVM to paste them together into one 8TB file system and didn't have any problems. I don't recall if he was using xfs or ext3 though.
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Basher52 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:18 pm

Basher52
guru
guru

Postby Void Main » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:35 pm

I'm not an expert on XFS by any means but the way I understand it XFS allocates inodes dynamically so I don't believe changing the inode defaults will probably gain you much for XFS. There are inode options you can specific for mkfs.xfs and you can set a maximum amount of space that inodes could take up but as I said, I don't think that would buy you much. You can also change that setting after the file system is created using the xfs_growfs command. Here are the man pages:

$
$

Again, I could be talking completely out of my butt.
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Basher52 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:44 pm

thx, but as always all that text make no sense to me lol
I read it 4 times and tried some stuff to up the blocksize and to lower the number of inodes, but I dont seem to be able to do that.
so I ask that you that really understand these man's can translate them to me.

B52

UPDATE: I'll go for the setup I got now and hope that I can recall some of the 400G later
thx for all help tho :)
Basher52
guru
guru

Postby Void Main » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:51 pm

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Basher52 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:18 am

Basher52
guru
guru