[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Void's Forums • View topic - APT-GET FOR rEDhAT 8.0?

APT-GET FOR rEDhAT 8.0?

Place to discuss Fedora and/or Red Hat

APT-GET FOR rEDhAT 8.0?

Postby jrich4 » Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:10 am

I recently formatted my computer so that it only has RedHat on it now(before, it was dual boot with win98). I had used viod's instructions before for the apt-get setup and install along with synaptic. I really liked this utility and can't seem to get it set up again. The freshrpms site doesn't seem to have it for download anymore. It has it in the downloads area, but when I try to download it, it says it cannot be found. Any help getting this set back up and working would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
jrich4
jrich4
user
user

Postby Ice9 » Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:05 am

Strange, I just tried and the file is there ...
http://psyche.freshrpms.net/rpm.html?id=876
Ice9
guru
guru

Postby Doogee » Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:47 am

i had the same problem on my brothers red hat 8 box, the apt file has been moved. type the adress into the adress bar, but leave out the filename, it will give you a listing.

Im sure you can work it out from there.
Doogee
administrator
administrator

Postby Calum » Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:48 am

yes i tried that yesterday too. i eventually just went to http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/ ... /synaptic/ to get the right rpm. the problem is that for some reason, void's tutorial (last night anyway) had synaptic-0.32-fr2.i386.rpm instead of synaptic-0.32-fr1.i386.rpm as the filename.
Calum
guru
guru

Postby Void Main » Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:49 am

Sorry about that. Every time he updates the apt package I have to change my apt-get page. I usually catch it within the day but lately he has been changing the version number and the filename often. Normally this wouldn't be a problem because most people leave the old version up. Not in this case, however. He removes the old versions when he creates a new one.

I removed the instructions for downloading synaptic because they are not needed. After installing apt you just "apt-get install synaptic" as my instructions say and it will install synaptic. I removed the instructions for using RPM to install it because of the same filename issues. I should add a note to the instructions to say just look in the directory for the current "apt" package if my link doesn't work.
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Calum » Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:31 am

yes, i noticed you had done it that way ('apt-get synaptic') and i liked it! nice one. it makes your instructions look even easier to someone who might be new to it all.
Calum
guru
guru

Postby Void Main » Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:50 am

I find it interesting that the links to the apt downloads on http://freshrpms.net/ itself are broken. If you go to the above link and click the "Apt" link, then click the http://apt.freshrpms.net/ link in the Download section it will bring up the main apt page, all of the download links are broken (at least at the time of this writing). The real path for apt (again, at the time of this writing) is:

http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/psyche/apt/
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jrich4 » Tue Mar 18, 2003 12:12 pm

Thanks for your quick responses and help. I got it back up and working like a charm.

Thanks,
jrich4
jrich4
user
user

Postby bazoukas » Fri Mar 21, 2003 4:10 pm

synaptic has gone crazy for me.....it says that i have broken packages and when I want to download something it tells me that it wants to uninstall the packages,,,,,,if i do that, it will delete 2+ gigs ,,,basically it will delete RedHat :shock:
Oh well, source build for me and little RPM hunting.
bazoukas
programmer
programmer

Postby Void Main » Fri Mar 21, 2003 4:13 pm

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bazoukas » Fri Mar 21, 2003 4:16 pm

bazoukas
programmer
programmer

Postby Void Main » Fri Mar 21, 2003 4:20 pm