Place to discuss Fedora and/or Red Hat
cdhgold
administrator
administrator

egroupware

Post by cdhgold » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:28 pm

I'm considering installing this on my hosted RHEL4 server
http://www.egroupware.org/

Has anyone here ever dealt with this package? or have any suggestions for other similar solutions? my goal is put up an online shared calendar for people who have an email account on the imap server already running on my box.

This will be my first attempt at a LAMP-style setup. Have a small web/ftp/mail site running on the box now .

Chris

Master of Reality
guru
guru

Post by Master of Reality » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:53 pm

That looks pretty nifty. I like how it has a gantt chart deal in it. Now i'm thinking of installing it for my school project groups.

cdhgold
administrator
administrator

Post by cdhgold » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:42 pm

this is my first time of doing a LAMP style app .. how do i first check to see if apache/mysql/php are all configured to talk to each other?

Tux
guru
guru

Post by Tux » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:56 pm

To start with, try to serve a PHP page containing:

Code: Select all

<?php
phpinfo()
?>

cdhgold
administrator
administrator

Post by cdhgold » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:25 am

that worked I got

Code: Select all

PHP Version 4.3.9

System 	Linux 101009-phoenix.tecman.com 2.6.9-42.0.10.EL #1 Fri Feb 16 17:06:10 EST 2007 i686
Build Date 	May 4 2007 11:05:30
Configure Command 	'./configure' '--build=i686-redhat-linux-gnu' '--host=i686-redhat-linux-gnu' '--target=i386-redhat-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix=' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--libdir=/usr/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec' '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/usr/com' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--cache-file=../config.cache' '--with-config-file-path=/etc' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php.d' '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--disable-debug' '--enable-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--enable-inline-optimization' '--with-bz2' '--with-db4=/usr' '--with-curl' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/bin' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-gd=shared' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--without-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-ncurses=shared' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--with-png' '--with-pspell' '--with-xml' '--with-expat-dir=/usr' '--with-dom=shared,/usr' '--with-dom-xslt=/usr' '--with-dom-exslt=/usr' '--with-xmlrpc=shared' '--with-pcre-regex=/usr' '--with-zlib' '--with-layout=GNU' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-yp' '--enable-wddx' '--with-pear=/usr/share/pear' '--with-imap=shared' '--with-imap-ssl' '--with-kerberos' '--with-ldap=shared' '--with-mysql=shared,/usr' '--with-pgsql=shared' '--with-snmp=shared,/usr' '--with-snmp=shared' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '--with-unixODBC=shared,/usr' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-dbx' '--enable-dio' '--enable-mbstring=shared' '--enable-mbstr-enc-trans' '--enable-mbregex' '--with-mime-magic=/usr/share/file/magic.mime' '--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs'
Server API 	Apache 2.0 Handler
Virtual Directory Support 	disabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path 	/etc/php.ini
Scan this dir for additional .ini files 	/etc/php.d
additional .ini files parsed 	/etc/php.d/domxml.ini, /etc/php.d/gd.ini, /etc/php.d/imap.ini, /etc/php.d/ldap.ini, /etc/php.d/mbstring.ini, /etc/php.d/mysql.ini, /etc/php.d/odbc.ini, /etc/php.d/pgsql.ini
PHP API 	20020918
PHP Extension 	20020429
Zend Extension 	20021010
Debug Build 	no
Thread Safety 	disabled
Registered PHP Streams 	php, http, ftp, https, ftps, compress.bzip2, compress.zlib

Zend logo This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies

cdhgold
administrator
administrator

Post by cdhgold » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:25 pm

my app egroupware is up