Anyone successfully running phpsysinfo in Fedora 9?

Place to discuss Fedora and/or Red Hat
dickinsd
scripter
scripter

Anyone successfully running phpsysinfo in Fedora 9?

Post by dickinsd » Mon May 26, 2008 6:57 am

I've been trying to get phpsysinfo running on a test rig at home. Initially I was using the most recent stable release but I kept getting these errors:

Code: Select all

File	Line	Command	Message
common_functions.php	372	file_exists(/proc/net/dev)	the file does not exist on your machine
common_functions.php	213	/bin/df	/bin/df: `/home/rnddave/.gvfs': Permission denied
/bin/df: `/root/.gvfs': Permission denied
Return value: 1
common_functions.php	213	/bin/df	/bin/df: `/home/rnddave/.gvfs': Permission denied
/bin/df: `/root/.gvfs': Permission denied
Return value: 1
I could get rid of the first error by changing SELinux to permissive mode. The second 2 relate to some strange mount (I think) that only the specific user can access (i.e. even as root I could not access rnddave's .gvfs directory where as rnddave could...).

Anyway... I spent a while looking for answers to this before eventually giving up and just trying the latest non-stable (or RC) release 3.0-rc4 which did actually fix both problems.

Unfortunately phpsysinfo is still not working as expected. This time I cannot see the network usage information unless I set SELinux to 'permissive' again. I am also unable to view any information on the file system (mount points, space used, space free, etc) even with SELinux in 'permissive' mode.

So back to my question; Has anyone else managed to get phpsysinfo running in fedora 9 (or possibly any SELinux environment)?

Cheers for any help/advice.

Dave.

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:47 pm

I don't run SELinux but I just downloaded the latest release candidate of phpsysinfo (3.0-RC5) and it seems to work flawlessly on my F9 laptop. No errors at all.

dickinsd
scripter
scripter

Post by dickinsd » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:18 am

Hello,

Ok, so phpsysinfo works fine for you. Inlcuding the info relating disk usage and network usage?

Ok well I guess I'll be downloading rc5 when I get back today - might try doing it from work if it's not too busy...

Thanks for getting back to me.

Oh one question - when you view the phpsysinfo page do you get a little warning from the SELinux star icon?

Cheers,

Dave.

dickinsd
scripter
scripter

Post by dickinsd » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:21 am

thanks for getting my account sorted out by the way

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:54 am

Yes, everything works that is presented on the page with no error messages. I do not see anything about SELinux but like I said, I don't use SELinux which is probably why.