problems with wine

Place to discuss Fedora and/or Red Hat
Ice9
guru
guru

problems with wine

Post by Ice9 » Mon Mar 24, 2003 1:15 pm

Lastly I attempted to use wine for the first time.
I wanted to try and install Nero Burning Rom since I read posts stating that it worked under wine.
I launched the installer and got a number of errors during the process, but I read up and found a solution to them I think.

Problem is, I did a dist upgrade a few days ago and now wine won't start up anymore, I get this weird error

Code: Select all

wine: relocation error: /usr/lib/wine/libntdll.dll.so: symbol __fork, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
Anyone ever had this?
I found a webpage talking about that very same error message
http://www.winehq.org/fom-meta/cache/827.html
Ok, I've figured out my problem. Apparently, having the wine libraries "/usr/local/lib" and "/usr/local/lib/wine" in my ld.so.conf file on Linux was NOT enough. I had to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to "/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/lib/wine:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" and now my "wine --version" returns the correct version info.
but it doesn't make much sense, I tried adding the lines to my .bash_profile but it didn't work ....

Edit: fixed it, wine had some compatibility issue with my version of glibc, I uninstalled it, grabbed the latest wine version from Sourceforge and now I'm gonna enter my serial number for Nero Burning Rom :D

Calum
guru
guru

Post by Calum » Tue Mar 25, 2003 7:54 am

i had a similar but not identical error from wine recently. i uninstalled the rpm of wine-cvs-unstripped (which installs eerily well on both mandrake and red hat) and compiled from latest wine source, then i get a similar message relating to libntdll.dll which i have not tried to solve yet, but i will p0st here if i get stumped.

Calum
guru
guru

Post by Calum » Tue Mar 25, 2003 5:39 pm

well i took the advice on the wine development page there (yes my error turned out to be identical to yours) but now i get this totally different error:

calum@localhost:~$ wine /C/Program\ Files/United\ Devices/ud.exe &
[1] 2271
calum@localhost:~$ Could not load graphics driver 'x11drv'
Could not load graphics driver 'x11drv'
wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
err:win:GetDesktopWindow Wine init error: either you're trying to use an invalid native USER.EXE config, or some graphics/GUI libraries or DLLs didn't initialize properly. Aborting.
any ideas? not desperate, wine is not high on my priority list.

Ice9
guru
guru

Post by Ice9 » Tue Mar 25, 2003 5:46 pm

Ideas?
Not really, I was very busy searching through the Wine knowledge base today when suddenly none of the pages were available anymore .....
There was an interesting bit about debugging options, I will paste the link to it tomorrow if I can access the page.

Me, I managed to get Nero installed, my cd-rw recognized and all but every time I browse my files the program crashes with this error

X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  70 (X_PolyFillRectangle)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x3c0001b
  Serial number of failed request:  19639
  Current serial number in output stream:  19644
wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
But I'm too tired now, I'm gonna get some sleep and I'll look further into it tomorrow.