[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Void's Forums • View topic - Fedora 14

Fedora 14

Place to discuss Fedora and/or Red Hat

Postby Basher52 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:50 pm

COOL :D
I'm gonna try that next time, cos I think I gotta get up to F13 since F14 is out.

oh, I thought of something, where will it store the "temporary" download?
I got plenty of room on the RAID setup but I usually have to recompile the driver when a new kernel is out so I think that won't work.

btw, I saw that this place was down for a while, maybe yesterday(can't remember), was you updating the OS at that time maybe?
and this all makes me think of a question...
If you got a server and you wanna take it down for some maintenance, let's say 30 mins, how can you setup what I saw you had, a webpage telling that the site is down for just this... maintenance?
Basher52
guru
guru

Postby Void Main » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:11 pm

It downloads the RPMS to the yum cache under /var/cache/yum.

Regarding the maintenance page i had up I had that configured on the old web server and just changed my firewall rules to point to it instead of the new server during the upgrade. I could have actually switched the entire thing over to the old server but didn't feel like messing with getting things out of sync.
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Fedora/Red Hat