[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Void's Forums • View topic - Dial on Demand

Dial on Demand

Place to discuss Fedora and/or Red Hat

Dial on Demand

Postby Paul_Dean » Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:14 pm

Paul_Dean
n00b
n00b

Postby Void Main » Sun Jan 26, 2003 3:17 pm

Thanks Paul for the compliment on the DNS/DHCP stuff. Ignoring the dial on demand for a second, do you have it currently set up so when you do manually dial that your windows clients can access the internet through your Red Hat machine? If not, you might want to look over this thread:

http://voidmain.kicks-ass.net/forums/vi ... 0&start=15

You will need to do similar setup (except your internet connected interface will be ppp0 rather than eth1).

As far as getting diald working, it's been quite a while since I used it and remember it being a fair pain in the rear to get working the way I wanted, but once I got it working it worked flawlessly. I have not run this on Red Hat 8 but I don't imagine it being much different. I ran it for a few years on RH 6.0 (I actually still use that machine as a gateway but have switched from ppp to Ethernet/Cable). I looked around and believe some of the old configuration is still there for my ppp interface but I can't tell what stuff worked and what didn't. The configuration of that machine has changed significantly since diald so..

I'm also sorry to say that I don't have a magic bullet for you. If you do finally figure it out, I would be interesting in adding a tip on the subject. I understand the vast load of documentation out there where none of it seems to exactly apply to you. That's why I wanted to start some distro specific documentation and tell people exactly how to do it for that specific distro. Again if you get it all figured out and would like to write up a similar HOWTO I will add it to the tips section.
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby X11 » Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:11 pm

X11
guru
guru

Postby X11 » Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:27 pm

X11
guru
guru

Return to Fedora/Red Hat