Gameserver running RH 7.3, problems

Place to discuss Fedora and/or Red Hat
Engineer
user
user
Gameserver running RH 7.3, problems

Post by Engineer » Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:17 am

I am managing a gameserver running RH 7.3, I tried to install a couple programs to help me remotely manage and monitor the servers but I keep running into dependancy errors. Here are some of the progs I tried to install

XQF: Like HLSW for windows, to monitor the server/settings
QStat: XQF required me to have QStat installed but when I try and install it I get "libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3) is needed by qstat-2.5c-1"

I am also having trouble setting up an ftp for the users to upload maps/change server configs, but I think that once I have the above installed in conjunction with webmin I will be fine.

My problem is that, according to some Googling, "libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)" is not really compatible with 7.3 without upgrading tons of stuff, and is recommended to just upgrade. I am managing this box remotely on ssh only, would it benefit me to just upgrade it to 8.0 (as was advertised that the box would be running) or even 9.0? If so could I follow the instructions Here with the exception of it being 7.3 to upgrade or would it be better for me to just call these idiots and make them do it? I only ask because I figure it will actually get done right (and more quickly) than if I had them do it. This whole thing is a big issue right now because I have 2 customers waiting on servers (since Thurs.) and I want to get it done quickly. TIA

Dj

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:16 pm

Well, you could upgrade or you could compile your game server against the older GLIBC version (that is if you have the source). If you upgrade I would suggest that you go straight to 9, however, that doesn't guarantee you won't have GLIBC issues, I'm not familiar with the software in question.

Engineer
user
user

Post by Engineer » Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:11 pm

Well we kinda worked it out, thx for the reply

Dj