nice FC1 apt4rpm repository

Place to discuss Fedora and/or Red Hat
dishawjp
administrator
administrator

nice FC1 apt4rpm repository

Post by dishawjp » Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:44 pm

Hi All,

I recently added the following to my /etc/apt/sources.list. It's a good repository with lots of "extras" not found in many of the other apt repositories. If anyone's interested, just add the following line to their sources.list file:

rpm http://apt.sw.be redhat/fc1/en/i386 dag

It has some neat games and libraries not available on some of the more usual repositories.

For those who may not know, the command "apt-cache pkgnames > nn" will output the names of all of the packagenames available from their repositories to file nn. The command "sort nn > nnn" will give an alphabetized list in file nnn of all packages available from their apt repositories. Of course, you can grep nn (or nnn for that matter) for specific packages or just browse it with more or less to see what's available.

Ok, so I'm just an old drunk spouting pearls of wisdom... ignore or use as you see fit; but this Linux stuff is just soooo cool.... and it's getting better every day...

Jim Dishaw

Membrax
scripter
scripter

Post by Membrax » Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:45 am

I use that repository as well on my side.

When you spot a bit the resume of the guy managing that repository you immediately see how far he's concerned of it :
he's not far from being a guru, he took already part of so many Linux projects.
A trustee source so far I'd say.