:)

Distributions that do not fit in the above categories (please limit discussion to freely available GNU/Linux/Hurd based distributions).
Ice9
guru
guru

:)

Post by Ice9 » Wed Mar 26, 2003 3:59 pm

Originally posted by Void Main

I (the Nazi censor) have deemed Arklinux to be unworthy of discussion on this forum. It as of this date is banned and this thread is locked.
LOL 8)

Calum
guru
guru

Post by Calum » Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:28 am

is this just because it sucks?

what if it gets better?

also, i just realised that lindows is based on debian, so it can be discussed here even though it's not freely available! :lol:

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Thu Mar 27, 2003 8:41 am

Arklinux is banned not because it sucks or doesn't suck but because it breaks one of my rules. It has the right to make statements on it's web site and I have the right to ban it on my web site.

Lindows is banned from this site because they are neither free nor Free. That and their CEO is a BG wannabe.

Calum
guru
guru

Post by Calum » Fri Mar 28, 2003 3:59 am

i also oppose that (and any) war, but i don't state it here unless the subject is brought up. even then i expect this post to be deleted or edited since i explicitly mentioned it in response to you (when you didn't actually mention it if you see what i mean).

should i also leave the forums now? or is it sufficient just to not mention it again?

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Fri Mar 28, 2003 9:08 am

The thing is I don't really care what you oppose. It's your right, I just don't want to hear about it regardless which side of the fence you are on. If I did I would go to a site where that is the theme. I just want this place to be a safe haven free from politics, religion, etc. It is a place to discuss Linux and the advancement of Linux, not a place for arguments and hatred.

I have some very long time friends and some close relatives, some on one side of the fence and some on the other, and neither side will be persuaded to switch sides. Now what possible good would it do for people who don't even know each other to discuss such things here other than to incite an argument and get blood pressure up? If people want to do this, even if they naively believe they are actually going to persuade someone one way or the other with no hard feelings, this is not the place for it.

I believe Linux should be free from political and religious riders. To me the "Free" in Linux not only means "open source, free to modify" but that it is there for *everyone* to use without discrimination. That is, regardless of your religious or political persuasion. Linux is like water (actually more specifically it's like rain water, not bottled proprietary water that is sold by a company, water *used* to just be water, not any more). The reason it should be allowed to be used by anyone without discrimination is because it is written by people of all persuasions without discrimination.

Even though we have vast differences in our beliefs we still have common ground when it comes to Linux and I enjoy your contributions. I have kept my political and religious beliefs to myself and anyone else that can do that is more than welcome here. I am all for complete freedom. I believe I am completely free to ban or censor anything I wish, especially on equipment that I paid for via bandwidth that I paid for. :)

I have modified the user account agreement slightly to include this.
See this

Now, can this be the end of the non-Linux discussion before it actually starts?

Lord C
scripter
scripter

Post by Lord C » Wed Apr 30, 2003 7:05 pm

Wow, you'd make a good councilor Void!
What is your day job?

hehe "day, what is this?"