Laptop Video Card doesn't seem supported in xorg :(

Discuss Applications
X11
guru
guru

Post by X11 »

I am downloading Fedora Core 3, I will install it on the laptop once the DVD finishes downloading from the torrent, and then I will play with it some more. The XFree86 log on Knoppix 2.6 doesn't tell me shite, its using the VESA driver by the looks of things.

X11
guru
guru

Post by X11 »

Slackware: 0
Knoppix: 0
Fedora Core 3: Supports my fscking video card from boot with no problems, 1280x800 and all. Fedora Core Wins!

I thought I was fscked, I burned the ISO to a stolen DVDR from school. When I went to install it decided to be errored and failed the mediacheck.

So I mounted the ISO into /var/www/html/FC3 on my other machine and did a HTTP install, which completed faster then any install in my entire damn life, it took about 15 minutes.

Windows: 0
Fedora Core 3: 2

And here I am, it came shipped with a decent webbrowser and I bet it won't oops itself networking wise like Windows does. Windows depends on many many many third party applications that depend on me being a badass pirate to run.

Windows: 0
Fedora Core 3: 3.

X11
guru
guru

Post by X11 »

I've got rid of Windows completely, however it is only running in 1024x768 (I thought it wasnt)

X11
guru
guru

Post by X11 »

Okay, it was running in the Vesa driver.

I changed the line to Driver "sis" and added the "1280x800" part to it and all that...

AND NOW IM RAWKING.

I am having troubles with pcmcia that I will bring up later, crashing the system at boot, I dont use any of it at the moment so I just turned it off.