I need OpenOffice Calc help

Discuss Applications
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

I need OpenOffice Calc help

Post by Void Main »

I'm going to be lazy and rather than figuring it out on my own ask for some expert help.

I do the timing for hill climb events in my dirt bike club. Each hill climber gets two runs at the hill and they keep their best time of the two. I have a Calc sheet where I have the list of rider names for each class. There are 17 different classes which means 17 sheets. I have 3 columns for their times, "run 1", "run 2", and "best time" columns. I use the MINA(run1,run2) function in the "best time" column. Times will be in seconds and will be somewhere between 3 and 5 seconds and scaled to 1/1000 of a second. e.g. 3.989

Now, at the end of the night I want to get the 10 fastest riders of the night together from all classes and have a king of the hill competition that will give the winner an extra couple hundred bucks and a trophy. I would like to have a separate sheet with 10 rows that automatically picks the 10 fastest times from the "best times" column of all 17 sheets (only 10 total, not 10 from each sheet). There could be varying numbers of riders on all sheets so some rows will be blank and should be ignored. I think this should be fairly easy. I can upload a sample sheet if you think it will help. Man this would be such a simple "select" statement if this were in a database. Maybe I'll convert it over to a database unless someone can point out an easy way to do this with my existing Calc sheet.

EDIT: I suppose I can just copy/paste the contents of each sheet onto a new blank sheet at the end of the night and then sort by the "Best Time" column to get the top 10 times. Is there a way to merge all data from all sheets onto a single sheet with a function? That would save me the copy/pasting.

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main »

I got this all sorted out. Here's my new template sheet:

http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/files/mis ... mplate.sxc

Tux
guru
guru

Post by Tux »

neato, glad you sorted it out