[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Void's Forums • View topic - setup sendmail

setup sendmail

Discuss Applications

Postby Void Main » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:48 am

That's pretty typical of home users on dialup. I am actually in the same boat with SBC Yahoo DSL. I have to forward through their server. I also have a web page on their system that where I define what email accounts are allowed to send mail through them from my address. Your ISP may be different on how they control it.
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Basher52 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:17 am

well, first I'm not on dialup, I was once and will never go back lol(back in the 56k modem thing :P)
I got 80M/80M right now :)

Well, the only thing they said is that if I would relay it through their mailserver it would be fine and I guess that it has to be both in AND out mails, thus giving the customer a mail from eg. xenonlyse@bahnhof.se instead of the thing I was thinking of., xxx@xenonlyse.se

They told me that it's not LEGAL to have my own mail server... (if you excuse me...) wth... LEGAL!!!!... In that case, why is it possible then lol
Ah well, I guess I have to do what they say or I may lose my connection totally.

I think I have to set the relay through their mailserver, both incoming and outgoing is the same server, but the question is how.
I still haven't found anything about it that I think I can use.

As with my RAID card, I got the "onboard" program to mail me(my private bahnhof account) with any information from it and in that I've set the SMTP server as localhost, but the email account that will be used to "send from" is my private bahnhof mail address and then it is supposed to mail myself, yes! the same account that I just told you about... my private "from" account.

Did you get any info from this that could help out?
Basher52
guru
guru

Postby Void Main » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:15 pm

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Basher52 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:28 pm

Basher52
guru
guru

Postby Basher52 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:17 pm

Basher52
guru
guru

Postby Basher52 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:29 pm

Basher52
guru
guru

Postby Basher52 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:28 pm

Last edited by Basher52 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Basher52
guru
guru

Postby Void Main » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:35 pm

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Basher52 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:41 pm

Basher52
guru
guru

Postby Void Main » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:46 pm