[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Void's Forums • View topic - Read error.

Read error.

Discuss Applications

Read error.

Postby Basher52 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:18 am

Basher52
guru
guru

Re: Read error.

Postby Void Main » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:18 pm

That usually means the drive itself is having a hard time reading the CD either because the CD is scratched or the drive is going bad.
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Basher52 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:48 pm

That's what I thought first too, but I've tried this on 4 different CDs now and exact same files get the errors :(
I'll see if I can test the drive itself.

Just tested this on two other computers, same error.

Can't understand why I can't change these in the ISO file.
I'll keep trying though...
Basher52
guru
guru

Postby Void Main » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:16 am

Where did the ISO come from? The ISO is corrupted if you burned it to several CDs and they all have the same problem on multiple machines. It's either that or your burner is not writing it correctly or is bad but I'm guessing the ISO is corrupted.
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Basher52 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:12 am

I tried burning it in another burner too and got the same thing.
Everything works perfectly unless I add these two script files, I even tried to make totally new files and rewrite the script into that 'cos I've seen that at two times the file has something invisible in it making it corrupt when i burt it,
but this too didn't work.
I'm using UltraISO(a windows program) here at work to recreate the ISO and I've done this before but now it just won't work... weird.

If I remove one of the two files that won't work and a third called 'settings.txt' and re add the one that didn't work FIRST then re add 'settings.txt' again, this time the "faulty" file will be copied but some script(unknown to me) can't find the 'settings.txt' file, so this time it's 'settings.txt' instead that won't be copied.

The ISO is about 62M so I started to think that it might be that the ram disk wasn't big enough, so I changed 'initrd' and the ram disk siza, also added 'vga=791',
but I can't find how big the ram disk is and the resolution wouldn't change so I can't say that that any of that changes worked at all.

...also googled something about "UltraISO" and that it can't change the LBA of files but I don't know anything about that so...
can THIS be anything? must all files be lower then a certain LBA number so it can be read in the ram disk?
Basher52
guru
guru

Postby Void Main » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:53 am

Can you read the files if you copy the ISO to the hard drive and mount it on a loop device? If you can't copy the files that way then there is definitely something wrong with the ISO.
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Basher52 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:51 pm

If I mount it, in the boot up I get from this then I can't read the files, but if I open the CD (in that case on a windows machine) I can open any files.
It gotta be something with the mounting(?) of the files from the boot up of this CD cos when reading the CD elsewhere sure works.
Just can't understand why just some few files are unreadable.
Basher52
guru
guru

Postby Basher52 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:03 am

It's so weird :( I just got it to work but I have no clue what did it 'cos all I've done is kinda the same all the time.

The difference is that I started all over from the original ISO image and then put these files into that.
The LBA numbers all files got was very different then when I changed the ISO I has been fiddling with, which basically also is the same ISO but had been changed back for forth by me a lot, so can this be an issue like someone said when I googled?
I also increased the memory for the RAM disk but since I didn't get any errors for that at all I don't believe it to be that.
Basher52
guru
guru

Return to Applications