Blocking WINDOWS

Discuss Networking
X11
guru
guru

Blocking WINDOWS

Post by X11 »

I will be on the melbourne wireless network soon. And i will be hosting a vast amount of network services. And FREE SHELL ACCOUNTS FOR UNIX/LINUX users. However because Windows is insecure and crap, i will not allow Windows users.

What i need is a method to setect them with ip fingerprinting and to kill there sshd or login proc to remove them form the network.

Any ideas?

Calum
guru
guru

Post by Calum »

their ip won't tell you, will it?
you need to get some sort of init string. i don't know how that's done but i know you can write a little javascript thing for a website that enables you to determine the browser/os combination the client is using and i think that's the sort of thing you need. of course it would be fairly simple to spoof that info i suspect but then not many windoids will be that clued up.

X11
guru
guru

Post by X11 »

Uhm have you ever tried reading peoples posts, i want to block them from using ssh from Windows because the clueless barsted will save there passwords and Windows will get hacked and my box will get root'd. But to fix the security hole i just block Windows. I might just write a script that finds out what host/ip people are from, nmaps it, and if its Microsoft Windows then it uses kill to stop there getty. If i wanted to block there webbrowser, i would do it. However i dont want to do that.

Calum
guru
guru

Post by Calum »

maybe you could say what you mean instead of insulting people publicly.

you're no worse off then than if i had said nothing so get over it.

and i still don't know what you're going on about, so i'll stop trying to help

now.

X11
guru
guru

Post by X11 »

You seem to be taking everything as an insult, so im sorry, but i did say pretty much what i wanted, but i should have explained it better.

But anyway voidmain do you have any ideas?