SpamAssassin

Discuss Networking
agent007
administrator
administrator

SpamAssassin

Post by agent007 » Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:07 pm

Disgusted with the amount of spam received, I installed Spamassassin2.54 and configured it. It works properly for the past one month. I use fetchmail to
receive mail and invoke sylpheed to read them.

Nowadays I see one or two mails slipping past spamassassin. I saw that
spamassassin can be trained. man pages did not reveal much. Can any body give some pointers or some links where tutroials can be read.? Thanks in advance..

byrdman
administrator
administrator

Post by byrdman » Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:38 am

I found a pretty good article in the sysadmin mag in the june 2003 ed.
not sure if I could post files here? it is a pdf so if I had an email or someway of gettin it to you, I would be more then happy to.
I have been really wanting to get spamassassin set up, but I don't have any mail boxes on our sendmail servers. We just use sendmail as our outside filters and then they pass the mail on to our firewall and into another $oftware vendors product that doesn't need mentioning here.
If anyone else has expierence with some sort of content based filtering, please share. otherwise, 007, how would you like to proceed? give me your email? ftp site ?

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:20 pm

Byrdman, I wonder if it would be ok to post that PDF file on this site? I have it in my work email box so I can't get to it until tomorrow without dialing in, and I'm not going to dial in. :) I'll get it tomorrow, unless you send it to my home email this evening. I'll put it up in my files section if it looks to be legal to do so...

byrdman
administrator
administrator

Post by byrdman » Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:41 pm

I think it would be fine if you say its from sysadmin magazine june 2003 edition...? I don't know all the legal mumbo jumbo but that might get more subscribers so it is almost like free advertising for them. I am a fairly intermediate linux user and I find helpful stuff in there every month. So much, my company pays for it. Hey, some one has to administer the linux machines that were put in there!!

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:44 pm

Cool, here it is:

http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/docs/SpamAssassin.pdf

Thanks for sending it, I probably would have forgotten...

agent007
administrator
administrator

Post by agent007 » Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:55 pm

byrdman,

Thanks for the doc!! Good thing i didnt miss this topic....