[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Void's Forums • View topic - I need some help writing a simple graphical app

I need some help writing a simple graphical app

Discuss Programming

Postby Void Main » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:48 pm

Luckily my cable connection has been down for an entire week so I have been able to get a lot of programming done on it. :) I have pretty much finished that app and have been spending most of my time finishing up the web portion of it. I'm almost thinking about starting a sourceforge project out of it, not that there are probably many Linux coding hill climbing dirt bikers out there. :) I've just been very busy writing it because I want to whole system to be finished by Sunday (It's actually quite adequate in it's current state) which is when I'll take it up to the club and get the light installed and test out the system. The next climb is the following Saturday so I'll have a week to fix any bugs I find. I'll try and get some screen shots up by saturday and maybe put up all the source for both the Tk app and the web database. I also now have 3 laptops all capable of 1024x768 , 256MB of RAM, and wireless so I expect things to go great.

The brains of the whole thing are the oldest and slowest laptop running at 366Mhz. That machine runs the Tk app, the database, the web server, dhcpd, and named. Everything "could" be done from this one laptop but having more than one with more than one person running things will make life so much easier. I have everything coded and working but I really threw it together fast and would like to go back and actually rewrite things that are poorly written and designed. It certainly can be improved upon cosmetically too but in it's current form it will save me a *HUGE* amount of work over doing everything in a spreadsheet by myself. The last two years have been killing me.

It will also help the announcer because I put all of the interesting information up on this Tk app for him. It lists the rider when they come up, where they are from, their age, their sponsors if they have them, their last time if it's not their first run, the time to beat in the class, the fastest time of the night, whether they move into 1st place in the class after the run, etc, etc. I'll get everything up here sooner or later.
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Void Main » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:19 am

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ZiaTioN » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:46 am

ZiaTioN
administrator
administrator

Postby Void Main » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:20 am

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Void Main » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:40 pm

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Void Main » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:03 am

The tests went excellent. There is only one minor thing that annoys me slightly. If I have to enter a footage I must press the "Enter Feet/Time" button in order for the time to be entered. I would like to be able to just press the "ENTER" key while in the foot input box and have it automatically push the button (or take the equivalent action as if I had pressed the button). I can tab to the button and press the spacebar to click it but it's unecessary steps in my opinion. I must be missing something simple.

Also, I have it set up so when I press the tab the focus switches between the rider selection box, the foot input and the foot button. If I can make it so the button press is not required I would take the button out of the focus list. There is also one other small annoyance with the focus. There currently is a 4th thing that gets the focus but I can't figure out what that 4th thing is. I would like to eliminate that if I could figure it out. That is when I tab it cycles between the 3 things I mentioned earlier and tabbing one more time it appears nothing has the focus. Maybe I have to add a focusNext somewhere.
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Void Main » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:36 pm

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ZiaTioN » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:22 am

ZiaTioN
administrator
administrator

Postby Void Main » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:31 am