highest post count

Place to discuss anything, almost. No politics, religion, Microsoft, or anything else that I (the nazi censor) deem inappropriate.
Calum
guru
guru

highest post count

Post by Calum » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:09 pm

how is it, that after all these years, look who still has the highest post counts at a certain online forums:

http://www.polytheism.org.uk/pix/ratings.jpg

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:44 pm

Heh heh, I guess people don't hate as much as they used to. Kids! :) It's funny that we joined on the same day.

Calum
guru
guru

Post by Calum » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:08 pm

i only noticed that when i took that snap, it is a bit of a coincidence.

xyle_one
programmer
programmer

Post by xyle_one » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:43 pm

I think the hate shifted from microsoft to microsuck, then everyone left.

It's easier to just move on and use what you want than to spend time hatin' on companies :/

worker201
guru
guru

Post by worker201 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:12 pm

I've become active over there again, because there are a lot of people who just don't understand how things work. It's just one way for me to help the less fortunate understand a few things. Discussing stuff like open standards, proprietary open standards, and MS standards is important. As are issues of processor usage, propaganda, memory management, and security truths/myths.

The biggest truth is that only a handful of people have any clue what is on their computers. Asking what OS a person has on their computer is like asking what OS is on their flashlight - it is just completely divorced from how they can and want to think about computers. OS choice is really none of my business, but seeing so many of my fellow humans so woefully undereducated is my business. So I try to help by pointing out facts and alternatives whenever I can.

xyle_one
programmer
programmer

Post by xyle_one » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:46 pm

I couldn't take that place seriously, and was kind of an idiot poster towards the end. I randomized my password and haven't looked back.

Calum
guru
guru

Post by Calum » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:40 am

yes, you are one of the pillars over there at the moment, worker. in fact you are almost the "voidmain" of 2006 as far as the FMS forums are concerned!

X11
guru
guru

Post by X11 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:58 am

I got sick of the place because people are far to judgemental of someone, just because they make a personal choice to try certain psychdelics. I also left because of someone else who is, a lunatic that tried to manipulate the whole forum into having something against me.

They can also say anything bad about Microsoft, but as soon as I use an example of something good by them to explain something about their history of which was very bad, or whatever, I am a troll. In fact if you disagree with their retarded collected consciousness they call you a troll in any form.

The forum once was about speaking freely, and because of that you had to put up with crap.

I also got the blame for making voidmain leave over the iraq war debate, when in the early days, I supported the war :S. That was from the, lunatic, I mentioned earlier in this post.

Everyone on AIM has pretty much told me the site has gone retarded even more since I left, even some of the retarded people I talk to (not mentioning names) from there, think it is retarded, I have not seen for myself but I figure the forum is pretty fscking retarded!

It is a mixture of bad managment, elitism, and letting everyone who doesnt have anything worth saying anything have a say, when those who have this thing called intelligence or counter-intelligence get told to fsck off by zealots of all creeds, and then the 'managment' make a big deal about it.

I lost my VIP status over complaining about a lunatics censorship of the forum, yet I was demoted for it, not him. It is pretty damn stupid, pretty damn stupid indeed. Eh, who cares.

Calum
guru
guru

Post by Calum » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:27 pm

well, as far as i can see, it's really settled down. by its nature it still attracts the ocassional nutcase, but they are not excessive, due to the more hands on approach of the many moderators, headed by refalm, whose middle name is "Thorough". this policy does perhaps tread on the sensibilities of the "free software == free speech" crowd, but that's the price they decided it is worth paying (well, i think so anyway).

in short, their forum's got over most of its problems, by being guided by a more or less dedicated team.

the last major catastrophe was over a year ago when bedouin (a forum moderator) was harrassed into resigning his post never to visit the forums again, by a couple of the other moderators (if memory serves) which was a damn shame, as he was very fair minded. but you know nothing's perfect.

X11
guru
guru

Post by X11 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:08 pm

I see your point, but for as long as Orethrius is a moderator, I ain't going there.