Cheap Stuff.

Place to discuss anything, almost. No politics, religion, Microsoft, or anything else that I (the nazi censor) deem inappropriate.
JoeDude
administrator
administrator

Cheap Stuff.

Post by JoeDude » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:31 am

Anybody know any good online shops with cheap hardware, that's still good hardware, delivers in a reasonable amount of time, has a good rep and will ship overseas if necessary?

What I'm looking for:

Some RAM ( alot actually)
A mother board w/sound, vid, and lan capabilities for an AMD 64bit Athlon
A couple of good hard drives
A 3Ghz 32bit socket A processor
A good multi layer dvd burner

The rest I can sort out reasonably from here. I am just wondering what everyone else uses.

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:18 am

I usually do a google search or search some of the sites like pricewatch.com for exactly what I am looking for. You can get lists sorted by price. I then take the places with the best prices and do a little investigating as to how reputable they are and I really haven't had any problem. I have dealt a lot with amazon.com (probably my favorite), newegg.com, tigerdirect.com, etc. I have also bought used RAM from an individual via amazon.com with good results and at a steal of a price. I don't know how any of those deal with overseas shipping though. Also, I just purchased another NEC multilayer DVD burner from NewEgg for $29 bucks:

This is the model:
NEC 7170A-0B RAM

http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__NEC_AD_7 ... be5e30fbdb

I have 2 dual layer NEC burners now and I will never buy anything else (thanks to Tux for the tip).

Calum
guru
guru

Post by Calum » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:17 pm

do you reckon there's nowhere in england that will sell you those things?

i don't know if there is, since any old hardware usually does me but i would be surprised if it's cheaper to have kit shipped from the US than to buy it in england.

JoeDude
administrator
administrator

Post by JoeDude » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:57 pm

I found a good set of 1Gb 184 pin DDR 2700 @ 333MHz for 41.13 w/VAT.

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/spec ... RAM-33/1GB

and it's UK. I just wanted to see what everyone else uses. You never know, someone might have a nice secret hardware resource that's just cheap as it can possibly get. PC World delivers but can tend to be on the pricey side (but it is same day delivery if they have it in stock). It never hurts to ask.

kovax
scripter
scripter

Post by kovax » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:29 am

newegg is pretty good
ebay.
Pricewatcher