Multimedia keyboards

Place to discuss anything, almost. No politics, religion, Microsoft, or anything else that I (the nazi censor) deem inappropriate.
JoeDude
administrator
administrator

Multimedia keyboards

Post by JoeDude » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:58 am

OK, I have this old HP SK2505 B multimedia keyboard. On it, there are track skip left and right, play/pause, stop, eject, mute, internet, email, search, shortcut1, shortcut2, shortcut3, help and standby buttons, as well as a volume control knob. I've been looking around for quite a while now to see if there was anything in Linux that would let me mapp all of these but have been unsuccessfull so far. Anyone have any ideas?

Master of Reality
guru
guru

Post by Master of Reality » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:54 am

errr i cant give a definative answer, but i know theres some command that will give you the codes of the keys (so you run it, press the buttons and it will echo the codes for them). You can then edit the keymap, put in the codes and set them to what you want; such as run a command.

JoeDude
administrator
administrator

Post by JoeDude » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:27 pm

that would work, I like hotkeys, but having all of these useless buttons annoys me...I think I know what you're talking about, I'll give it a try when I finish wityh the nightmare that is turning out to be a gentoo install! Thanx.

Tux
guru
guru

Post by Tux » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:17 pm

xev will tell you the keycodes for your funny buttons

JoeDude
administrator
administrator

Post by JoeDude » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:14 am

thanx