Uninteresting topic.

Place to discuss anything, almost. No politics, religion, Microsoft, or anything else that I (the nazi censor) deem inappropriate.
Tux
guru
guru

Uninteresting topic.

Post by Tux » Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:43 am

I heard an interesting helicoper sound out of my window, it sounded kinda Lynx like; but too heavy sounding to be a Lynx.
So I looked out the window waiting as it got nearer and it was a CH-64 beast flying south-westerly across the city. It was cool, perhaps moving equipment from the gulf back to its home base.
I had the Red Arrows flying by the other week too :D

Just wanted to tell someone.

Master of Reality
guru
guru

Post by Master of Reality » Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:24 pm

well.. that was uninteresting

Tux
guru
guru

Post by Tux » Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:06 pm

Quiet, you horrible canadian.
Actually... I am going to move to canada.
But I won't sing your awful anthem, in fact I may beat those I hear singing it with a flagpole, a good English flagpole.

This is a remotely aviation related post, I wasn't sure whether I should post it because the hard disc may die, straw that breaks the camels back etc
Anyways, random anecdote follows.

Today I thought I head a helicopter, but actually it was a subaru impreza turbo 2000.
Now, a turbo 2000 should definetely not sound like a helicopter, I know this because my dad used to have one. They have an uneven burbly sound (being a boxer) but that one must have been missing or something becuase it sounded just wrong.

In addition to that is was white (ugh) and had a ridiculous drainpipe exhaust which was only actually large up until the cat box, so why the hell fit it :?:
I don't understand these people that get large diameter exhausts for the last few inches of the system, why why why?
For the sound? Why do you want that sound if you dont have the performance? Perhaps their p**ises are small and they need an ego boost.
In that case, why not get a large diameter exhaust all the way back, where it counts? Then they could have a performance boost AND an ego boost.
But from the look of the driver he would probably need a cash-flow boost before he can manage this resultant air-flow boost. 8)

Which brings me to the point of why do these people never improve their inlet manifolds, hmm, probably because they don't know what one is.
An uprated intercooler would do a scooby like that nicely too.
They do know what dump vavles are though, because they go 'woosh' which makes them happy. They can give drives to their friends and laught with glee at the sound, and they can boot their cars around residential areas goind 'whoosh' and laughing gleefully.
Oh well, at least a decent dump valve may give them a few extra horsepower, eh.

So, that was a conlusionlese rant type thing :)
Perhaps I hould get one of those 'weblog' things so that I can write these things that no-body cares aboult somewhere else hehe.
I think those things are beginning to become frowned upon though; personally they annoy me becuase they end up getting indexed by googlebot :angry:

byrdman
administrator
administrator

Post by byrdman » Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:54 am

Personally,
Its, the real beasts that make me looking up, F15's, F16, F18, etc,...
Those are COOL. I also think you should save the flagpole beating for those people that take little-bitty 3 and 4 cylinder cars and put fart pipes on them and think they are cool.
Besides the fighter jets, nothing is better then one of those little people pulling up next to me with picking up their girlfriend at the mall, and having their cheap custom stereo vibrating a shaky tune from Eminem, and then they try and floor their fart-pipe mobile and I just blow them off the line with and 4.7 litre 8cyc pickup truck...
don't beat the canadians, some of them are good hockey players!!
Kill the Fart Pipes!!

Tux
guru
guru

Post by Tux » Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:13 am

No, I quite like the canadians actually.

Master of Reality
guru
guru

Post by Master of Reality » Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:06 pm

yea, Canada rocks eh? ya hoser englishman

SuSELinux
user
user

Post by SuSELinux » Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:35 pm

SuSELinux
user
user