Blasted Storms, cheap crappy computer

Place to discuss anything, almost. No politics, religion, Microsoft, or anything else that I (the nazi censor) deem inappropriate.
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blasted Storms, cheap crappy computer

Post by Void Main »

Well, we've been on vacation since Wednesday afternoon and it's just my luck that a thunder storm blew through on Thursday morning apparently just after 4:00am and knocked the power out. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but the stupid cheap crappy PC I have this web site running on doesn't automatically power back up after it's been powered off (whether on purpose or not). At any rate, sorry to those who tried to get here since Thursday and couldn't.

agent007
administrator
administrator

Post by agent007 »

Thank God its back!! I thought u pulled the site down or something.......Man, I missed this place. 8)

X11
guru
guru

Post by X11 »

Yes i have been trying to brag about my VAX which i got, it owns!!!

I will have pictures soon enough.

I also have servers http://uptime.wonko.com/stats.php?op=all&user=X11

ThePreacher
scripter
scripter

Post by ThePreacher »

Wow you have a Windows .NET Server? Maybe you shouldnt show everyone this embarrassing fact.

X11
guru
guru

Post by X11 »

I will get a camera and demonstrate the features, mainly the random bsod experience.

My VAX owns you!!! (Pity its not quite working)

agent007
administrator
administrator

Post by agent007 »

What is a VAX??

Linux Frank
administrator
administrator

Post by Linux Frank »

VAX was a business mainframe that ran UNIX (not sure which one), was very popular and incredibly powerful, for those days. It was the first industry computer I ever used, and we accessed it through dumb terminals. Used to run Fortran programs on it (amongst other stuff). The one I used had the BEST database system I have ever used. PERIOD.

It was the predessor (again not sure of lineage here) of the Alpha systems (at least that is the recommended upgrade path). Just hunt around on the net.

X11 must have a very basic system, or a huge house.