Place to discuss Fedora and/or Red Hat
Basher52
guru
guru

Fedora 13

Post by Basher52 » Tue May 25, 2010 9:12 am

out
but the ISOs are from May 13th?

Just got the mail about an hour ago that F13 is out, but how come the date of the ISOs?

byrdman
administrator
administrator

Post by byrdman » Thu May 27, 2010 10:49 am

I have it on my HP mini netbook and did it live via yum and everything seem to have stayed the same (except for graphics/icons, etc)...upon first glance. I have not checked the release notes, either. But the good part is everything just worked!! Eth, sound, wireless, webcam...
It does seem like it boots up faster then 12. The icons seem more ubuntu_10.4_like but it seems like they was more hype on the forums and I guess I need to dig deeper.

Anyone else make the jump, yet?

Basher52
guru
guru

Post by Basher52 » Thu May 27, 2010 1:00 pm

Not for me yet.
I'm gonna do an upgrade on the server later but my first try with F12 (not on the server though) was so bad that I waited so long that VoidMain almost chewed me head off :P but after I did that it seemed very good with updates added.
I think I later a while and at least try it on some other machine before I do the "production" update.

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Thu May 27, 2010 5:32 pm

I'm still on 11 on this laptop. I never upgraded to 12 because of a VMware issue.

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Thu May 27, 2010 5:36 pm

Hey, anyone ever use this jigdo thing to download/create your ISOs? I've never seen it before but it looks interesting:

http://fedorasolved.org/post-install-solutions/jigdo

http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releas ... 386/jigdo/

byrdman
administrator
administrator

Post by byrdman » Thu May 27, 2010 6:15 pm

Is it anything like remastersys? I used Remastersys for our ubuntu images and it worked good. Sorry, I don't have the link, so you'll have to google it. If jigdo is better, I could use it to make an iso of my fedora server? Is that the purpose? I could make an exact copy at our colo, which would really help speed up my DR plan.!! :)

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Thu May 27, 2010 6:27 pm

No I don't think that's what it's for. From the link:
Using Jigdo to Download ISO Images

Jigdo Download Manager allows users the ability to download the Fedora Unity (and other) ISO's and large files. Jigdo Download Manager downloads the component files then uses them to build the ISO based on a pre-created template. This how-to describes how a user can download and build the Unity Re-Spin ISO images or Fedora release ISO images using the Jigdo Download Manager. This provides for using public mirrors or a local data source.

Applicable to Fedora Versions

* Fedora Core 6+

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Thu May 27, 2010 9:13 pm

Downloading the DVD with jigdo now. I was hoping it would download the base OS except replace any files that there are updates for with the updates before putting together the DVD but I don't think it's doing that unfortunately.