Back to F14(15) since no drivers exists....

Place to discuss Fedora and/or Red Hat
Basher52
guru
guru

Back to F14(15) since no drivers exists....

Post by Basher52 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:55 pm

Hi there y'all :D
Long time no see/speak/wutever... lol

I had an old server with a HighPoint RAID5 card, using just RAID5 but now I think the M/B has... gone to the "higher places".
Nothing I tried with that machine would work and since HighPoint's drivers will work for Kernel 2.6.x only...

I tried some homemade drivers that I found on a Ubuntu forum but since I got a lot to do and I really need this machine fast,
I had to revert to F15 to get the RAID back up..... but I couldn't find a site with all the latest updates for it so I'm now on F15.
Hopefully this site has updates for all files that some wasn't found for F14 and made the GUI to not work. :(
Haven't seen or tried that yet though.

If anyone knows a site with Fedora with FULL!! application updates and in this case F15 (this is the late Fedora with kernel 2.6.x)
let me know.

This hardware cost me almost 900 USD and it still works so why would I throw it away, just to get a new one that HighPoint do
support with drivers. And!!! this one has 16 ports and I still haven't found any in the same price range with the same.

So... THIS is why I go back to F14/15 since F20 won't work(supportively by HighPoint)

//Later y'all.... B52

Basher52
guru
guru

Re: Back to F14(15) since no drivers exists....

Post by Basher52 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:57 pm

Think I found a place... finally that had "all" updates...
Some files seemed missing but those 5 I got from rpmbone.net

even though I can't say it fully up to the latest update, it's working
and sine it¨s LINUX.... "forget" the hacking :P