[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Void's Forums • View topic - apt question

apt question

Place to discuss Fedora and/or Red Hat

apt question

Postby Calum » Sun Jan 12, 2003 3:03 pm

Calum
guru
guru

Postby Void Main » Sun Jan 12, 2003 3:12 pm

It's kind of humorous actually. It used to work without a hitch but I think they have updated mplayer in the repository and not the mplayer-skins. When I wrote the tip it worked flawlessly but it now does not. It's funny that this is the *only* problem I have ever seen with the apt repository to date. Unfortunately it was the one thing that prompted me to write the tip on apt and the one example I used in the tip. You can still install mplayer. You can also download the skins RPM and force it but apt-get doesn't like the current combination. I was hoping they would have fixed the repository by now. Maybe I should send them a note asking if they can fix it. I didn't want to be a pest though. Maybe you would be willing to ask them nicely to fix the mplayer-skins package at freshrpms.net?
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Neuro7 » Sun Jan 12, 2003 4:28 pm

I followed the same instructions posted by void main and it worked like a charm. I really like the synaptic interface. I also had the same problem when trying to get the mplayer skins.
Neuro7
n00b
n00b

Postby Calum » Mon Jan 13, 2003 5:17 am

Calum
guru
guru

Postby Ice9 » Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:30 am

Ice9
guru
guru

Postby Void Main » Mon Jan 13, 2003 12:03 pm

Yeah, just do an apt-get install mplayer and you will probably find just what you need (minus the extra skins). NOTE: I have changed my tip to just install MPlayer rather than the MPlayer-skins until they fix the skins RPM.
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bazoukas » Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:20 am

Yep. I had the same exact problem.
The skins were simply a no go.

I knew Mp was in there because in shell MP would start but with out having any skin.

I went and searched for skins on my own and problem solved.
bazoukas
programmer
programmer

Postby Calum » Wed Jan 15, 2003 5:51 am

well i just wanted a gui so using gmplayer to invoke mplayer works fine, although i tend to prefer bigger skins because i have not so good eyesight.

also this apt turns out to be a double edged sword when it comes to mplayer because i think support for some codecs requires a recompile from source... (i could be wrong, haven't properly read up on it yet)

all in all this apt thing works great.
Calum
guru
guru

Postby Ice9 » Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:40 am

Which version of mplayer does the Red hat repository contain?
If you actually wanted to install some more exotic codecs and, instead of recompiling the whole thing, you found some .src.rpm packages to rpm -Uvh mplayer, wouldn't that also work?

I found several sources with .src.rpm packages for mplayer but I'm at work currently and can't verify version numbers to see if they're ancient or recent packages, on rpmseek among others ....
Ice9
guru
guru

Postby xyle_one » Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:50 pm

xyle_one
programmer
programmer

Postby X11 » Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:26 am

X11
guru
guru

Return to Fedora/Red Hat