Evolution E-mail

Place to discuss Fedora and/or Red Hat
hollywood
user
user

Evolution E-mail

Post by hollywood » Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:29 pm

When ever I open evolution it asks for my password to my isp which I type in. I also check the remember my password box but it never does any thoughts on this.
Art

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:46 pm

Weird, I've never had a problem with this but apparently there was a bug in Evolution 1.0 where it wouldn't save your password. You might want to see if the fix also solves your problem. You should be running a much newer version of Evolution though.

The only other thing I can think of is to go into Tools->Settings, select your mail account and click "Edit", then check the receivin mail tab and make sure all settings are correct on that tab.

Tux
guru
guru

Post by Tux » Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:10 am

I know comments like these are entirely useless and often infuriating, but have you tried Mozilla Thunderbird?
It is the browser component to go with the Firebird (aka Phoenix) Browser.

I have recently switched to it from Evolution and find it similarly featured (although i'm no power user) and much much lighter (although it ain't sylpheed)

link

Bear in mind though that it is only at 0.2 but, in my experience, stable.

SuSELinux
user
user

Post by SuSELinux » Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:41 pm

I have used Evolution since 1.2, sofar 1.4 is the only one that remembers my password

one bad thing about 1.4, the older versions had the Gnome control panel thing available through the prefrences. This way you could set what ever browser you wanted to evolution without having to go back and forth between Gnome/KDE. Just a little thing that bugs me about 1.4 otherwise I live by it.

Mozilla's stuff is great too, Thunderbird, MozillaMail, but the Ximian filters are better, and I've convinced myself that its the best thing out there. It was the first email client I used in Linux, but when thunder bird connects to fire bird on URLs in messeges Im there dude! :D