upgraded mozilla to firebird....how to replace icon?

Place to discuss Fedora and/or Red Hat
orion78
user
user

upgraded mozilla to firebird....how to replace icon?

Post by orion78 »

I am hoping not to be a pain here but i replaced the mozilla browser that came with fedora to the recent firefox(a.k.a...firebird). I downloaded,unzipped, and ran firefox shell script and it worked. but i wanted to replace the little mozilla icon with a firebird icon and be able to click on it from my start menu and have it open from there.

.: It doesn't..

I right clicked on the original mozilla icon, replaced the name and for the command browsed to where firebird shell script is and browsed to one of the two choices for and icon that came with firebird and it is checked as an application but it still doesn't work.

.: Cannot launch Icon, I get a child process error, no such file or directory. I even tried clicking on just a blank space on the start panel and just tried to add a new one as a launcher of course and i still get the same error. Surely someone else has upgraded and maybe can help me figure out what i am doing wrong.

My path to my file is /home/orion/I-Net Appz/firefox/*........i know there is two scripts
1.) is firefox shell scipt size 2k and the other is
2.)run.mozilla-sh shell script size 10.6k

.: Can anyone tell me what i have done wrong, it's probally something simple? I hope it's simple.

:)

Calum
guru
guru

Post by Calum »

which command do you use to run firefox? it should probably be "mozilla-firefox" and if this is the case, make sure your shortcut/alias/symlink icon is pointing to this command correctly. the icon will have no effect on how well the program runs.

what desktop environment/launcher/icon button bar are you using?

if i were you i would have used apt-get or its GUI frontend synaptic to install firefox or its immediate predecessor firebird since this is much less likely to cause you funny problems, although this may not address the exact question you asked.

iconwise, i would stick the mozicon50.xpm in /usr/share/pixmaps where it belongs and access it from there when you need to.

jrich4
user
user

Post by jrich4 »

Right click on the mozilla icon in the start menu. Left click properties. Click on the icon in the box that comes up, then click on browse and find where you installed firefox, find the icon folder and click on the icon for firefox. This should change it to the firefox icon. This is how I did it after I upgraded.

jrich4