I like Linux because of its options

Are you a Linux advocate? Post your success stories here.
bazoukas
programmer
programmer

I like Linux because of its options

Post by bazoukas » Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:48 pm

Shading, Multiple Desktops, Tabs. These are a big MUST for me since it helps me organize my applications and windows in a nice fashion.

It doesnt crash. (not any big news here)

Its based on meritocracy and not on money. The Linux community gives you all the sophisticated tools you need to code and administer. Its up to the user what he is going to do with it. Your imagination and will to work are the only limits.

Feedback is top to bottom and bottom to top and both are of the same importance.

Total control of your system.

Plus it helps you with the ladies ;) Ladies like smart guys and if you have some good looks you are good to go ;)

Since humanity is heading on being an eventighter global community, last thing humanity needs is a Dictator over knowledge and information.

They say that a Good Governing system is run by the people for the people. Compare that with Microsoft's politics and you will see it is not the case.
Linux is by the people for the people.

xyle_one
programmer
programmer

Post by xyle_one » Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:55 am

i like linux, and the ideals behind it, becauseit is versatile, free, powerful, and advances at a rate that will leave everything behind it. when i say linux, i guess i am refering to free software in general. or is it open source software. both. whatever. i like linux. especially now. especially after dealing with windows servers & windows desktops. weak.