Lack of control

Are you a Linux advocate? Post your success stories here.
ThePreacher
scripter
scripter

Lack of control

Post by ThePreacher » Wed Apr 30, 2003 3:44 am

Yesterday while on my Windows XP computer and logged in as the administrator, I came across several files which I wanted to remove from the computer. After attempting to delete these files I was prompted with an "Access Denied". At this point I became confused. On my linux boxes, when logged in as root, I can delete anything I want to, regardless of the impact it will have. Linux does not deny the root user access to anything where as Microsoft wont let the owner and administrator delete what he wants to delete. Linux allows a person to make the decisions, where as Windows makes the decisions for you. This is why I love linux and hate microsoft. BTW please do not be upset because I have an XP computer, I needed a test basis for Mandrake's non destructive NTFS partition resizing. Thats right its only half evil.

Lord C
scripter
scripter

Re: Lack of control

Post by Lord C » Wed Apr 30, 2003 12:27 pm

ThePreacher wrote:...BTW please do not be upset because I have an XP computer, I needed a test basis for Mandrake's non destructive NTFS partition resizing. Thats right its only half evil.
ROFL, gj wp ;D

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:13 pm

That's it, Preacher is now banned. :)

ThePreacher
scripter
scripter

Post by ThePreacher » Fri May 02, 2003 1:52 pm

Im banned cool!!!