Configuration programs

Place to discuss SUSE
Master of Reality
guru
guru

Configuration programs

Post by Master of Reality » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:02 pm

Is there another program other than SaX2 to configure the graphics..... i didnt find it too amusing that the only utility in SuSE to do that is a graphical utitlity which pisses up X when i try it. And Im trying to do the proper thing and follow the "DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE" at the top of XF86Config.

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:39 pm

Have you asked on any SuSE centric forums? This looks like a pretty traveled forum:

http://forums.suselinuxsupport.de/

Not being real familiar with SuSE I hate to give bad advice. The graphics always worked for me on initial installations so I don't have the wrench experience with the graphics. I can't imagine not being able to edit the config file manually though. The worst I think would happen is it would not allow you to use the graphical configuration tool. That doesn't seem to work for you anyway so what's the harm? :)

Master of Reality
guru
guru

Post by Master of Reality » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:46 am

well i was really looking for a program that i was told a long time ago by someone around hereish and after searching in my brain i figured out it was xf86config.... i was searching for it with capitals at first and then came across it.

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:47 am

Yeah, that's the one that comes with X I believe (should be on most Linux distros). Did that get it running?

Master of Reality
guru
guru

Post by Master of Reality » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:14 am

not yet, im still trying to figure out how to set the aspect ratio and WXGA in XF86Config