What a load of crap.

Place to discuss SUSE
bazoukas
programmer
programmer

What a load of crap.

Post by bazoukas » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:54 am

I did a yast update and I did the FATAL mistake of choosing to upgrade the kernel using yast.

Talk about a major hose down. I mean seriously. If they cant make it work the right way dont even bother including it in the yast upgrade.

Jesus efen Christ.

I know better than this. When dealing with the kernel the manual way is the best way. I knew better than this.

Thank goodness my /home resides in another hard drive. I do not have the patience or the time to try to fix this crap. Infact I am slaming suse in the trash can.

And whats up with how they make suse see hard drives and other such devices?
What ever happened to good old "$mount /mnt/hd**"

If you are a somewhat experienced user, I think, Suse creates more troubles than its worth.

Back to good old Debian as usual.

Master of Reality
guru
guru

Post by Master of Reality » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:52 am

...how does suse see the harddrive? I use mount, and i use a KDE desktop icon for one of my partitions that i frequently un/mount.

I mostly use the command line and ignore Yast, but yast made it easier to setup a connection to my schools VPN. (and no other x86_64 would install properly at the time)

Calum
guru
guru

Post by Calum » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:49 am

it uses this new /media rubbish to mount on, and the device names are all long scsi drivel, i am sure you know the type.

suse is great until it does something you don't want it to, and then it becomes like MacOS9 or even microsoft windows 98 to try and get it sorted the way you want it.

in my opinion.