cmalbanese
user
user

are there any "good" linux P2P systems

Post by cmalbanese » Mon May 26, 2003 1:46 am

Im trying to Find a good P2P client that I can use in SuSE

I found one called eDonkey2000

I think Im the only user on it

GTK Gnutella dosen't work very well, for me atleast....I don't think SuSE likes it 'cause I had it working better in Redhat

But I prefer SuSE

This is entirely for research mind you :lol:

BobsYourUncle
user
user

Post by BobsYourUncle » Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:31 am

I would guess that you used gnome with redhat, and KDE with SuSE? I think SuSE defaults to KDE... the name GTK Gnutella suggests that it's a gtk (gnome) app, which could explain problems running it in SuSE (if you use KDE). Still, i've never had any real problems running gtk aps in KDE, they run better than qt apps in gnome. You could try limewire, and you could also try running windows p2p apps like kazaalite and winmx under wine, i've heard they work ok.

JoeDude
administrator
administrator

Post by JoeDude » Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:37 am

I use Overnet.

Calum
guru
guru

Post by Calum » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:26 am

overnet's kind of like a dodgy port from windows though isn't it? also it is limited in what it has to offer in my experience. i prefer gtk-gnutella, they are the only two i have ever seen working properly under linux, not that i have much patience getting these file sharing programs to work, so maybe somebody who actually puts in the effort to do the p2p file sharing thing should/has put in the work to figure it all out.