USB Headset on Xandros

Place to discuss Debian Linux and Debian based distributions
Kaelan
user
user

USB Headset on Xandros

Post by Kaelan »

OK... I have Xandros installed and running nice and smooth.. It detected my onboard Audio (MSI nForce2 motherboard) as well as all onboard prephials. Xandros also sees that I have a logitech USB Headset attached yet it won't send any sound to it. I installed and ran sndconfig and it saw teh USB headset but said it wasn't supported.

Is there anyway I can get the USB headset to work or am I going to be forced to use the onboard sound??

Linux Frank
administrator
administrator

Post by Linux Frank »

What make and model?

Does your sound work otherwise.

Kaelan
user
user

Post by Kaelan »

it's a Logitech USB headset... as far as the model, no idea. It's the 39.00 version sold at Staples.. sndconfig saw the correct model headset and it is listed as a USB device in Xandros. It just won't use that headset for sound. I don't know if it's something corrected in teh 2.6 kernel or if USB sound devices are just not supported in Xandros. If I connect my speakers to the onborad sound it works fine. I would rather use the headset since teh sound is MUCH better (Digital sound is better than analog sound )

If teh 2.6 kernel supports USB sound devices then I'll look at upgrading to that (means I'll switch from Xandros to full blown Debian)