Knoppix: neither serial or PS/2 mouse working...

Place to discuss Debian Linux and Debian based distributions
Tux
guru
guru

Post by Tux »

When you do a hdinstall, the install process will be in German and the installed OS itself. You just have to change the X and KDE and (insert wm here) language settings yourself.
I'm not sure if this has changed in 3.2.

Calum
guru
guru

Post by Calum »

well this useful function didn't work in 3.1 for me. as i say, none of the settings would change for me in kde (this was also the case for me in lycoris desktop l/x 3 now i think about it).

bullgoose
user
user

Post by bullgoose »

Calum wrote:i am interested: did you successfully get knoppix to install in any language other than german? i could not get any of the settings to change in the hard drive version, so you would change them but they would just reset without applying the changes. one of these settings was the whole thing was in german. not a big deal but my girlfriend said she couldn't use an operating system in german plus i do not like using systems that won't do what i tell them to.

good for you getting your mouse to work too! maybe you should drop the knoppix folks a line telling them, or is that considered bad form?
I wrote a Pretty Easy Toutorial (PET) on how to do a Knoppix Hd install at http://www.linuxjunior.com. It works for me, but I have to say there's a LOT of overhead, plus a lot of little tweaks after the install; it's OK, but I'm not wild about it; give it a shot- it sure is pretty! (BTW: I'm bullgooseloony over there; just look for 'PET''s' on the forum bar if you want to read my tutorial; it also works for Knoppix 3.2)

bullgoose
user
user

Post by bullgoose »

WHOOPS!! That's "Plain English Tutorials", not" Pretty Easy Tutorials". My bad.

Calum
guru
guru

Post by Calum »

i will indeed try that, still i will have to probably wipe my knoppix hdinstall sadly due to lack of space, because i want to get started with LFS soon.
thanks for that!