X11
guru
guru

Post by X11 »

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main »

Looks like a problem in the cipe module. Did it compile ok before applying the patch? Did you do a "make dep;make clean" before doing the "make bzImage;make modules"?

I happened to have the Red Hat 2.4.18-14 source installed and just applied the patch successfully and just did a "make dep;make clean;make bzImage;make modules" with no problem whatsoever. If it doesn't work for you with the patch then I can't possibly see how it would work without the patch. First get your kernel to compile normally before applying the patch, then if you have problems I will help you debug it, but there shouldn't be any problems. When applying the patch it should tell you that it was successful and there were no problems.. And make sure you are in the kernel source root when you apply it (normally /usr/src/linux or /usr/src/linux-2.4.18-14). If applying the patch after a successful kernel compile gives anything other than an indication of being completely successful let me know and I can help you further.

X11
guru
guru

Post by X11 »

Yea, im trying to recompile after a make clean, if that does not work I will try finding cipe and turning it off.

X11
guru
guru

Post by X11 »

Hmmm where do i find cipe to turn it off?

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main »

.config

Code: Select all

# CONFIG_CIPE=m

X11
guru
guru

Post by X11 »

why did i not think of that.