[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Void's Forums • View topic - nVidia with SMP Kernel

nVidia with SMP Kernel

Place to discuss Mandriva Linux

nVidia with SMP Kernel

Postby Lord C » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:10 am

Lord C
scripter
scripter

Postby Void Main » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:20 am

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lord C » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:09 am

Lord C
scripter
scripter

Postby Void Main » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:44 am

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Void Main » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:44 pm

I guess I read this way to quickly earlier today (didn't have a lot of time). I see now that you already did try and compile the modules (I'm brain dead). What is in your /var/log/nvidia-installer.log? I see you haven't got a response yet on nVidia forums. I suspect you don't have the proper headers installed but not having a copy of Mandrake installed anywhere I am not familiar with how they package the kernel. I did find a 6111 driver already built in an RPM:

http://rpms.mandrakeclub.com/rpms/mandr ... .i586.html

Too bad there isn't a later one (there probably actually is somewhere). Also, don't they have a more recent kernel?

Here is a thread with a similar issue:
http://linux.derkeiler.com/Newsgroups/c ... /0225.html

The guy states that Mandrake doesn't include matching kernel headers with included binary kernels. I recall this to be true the last time I dealt with Mandrake (no comment here). If this is still true then I think if you get the source for the latest kernel, then build, install and boot the new kernel I think you should be able to install the nVidia driver. The kernel headers most definitely need to match the running kernel.
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Mandriva Linux (formerly Mandrake Linux)