[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Void's Forums • View topic - XMMS Disk Writer Plugin - where to download from?

XMMS Disk Writer Plugin - where to download from?

Place to discuss Mandriva Linux

XMMS Disk Writer Plugin - where to download from?

Postby Calum » Fri Jan 24, 2003 5:41 am

Calum
guru
guru

Postby Ice9 » Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:16 am

Ice9
guru
guru

Postby Calum » Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:49 am

Calum
guru
guru

Postby Calum » Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:56 am

your link ain't working for me, although i hold out less hope to be honest since i did actually compile xmms from source, no errors, and it included that plugin. then when i tried to use it - bam! more error messages, of the standard 'could not open audio device, make sure you have a soundcars et c' type.

Thing is these errors only occur on certain songs, and when i compile from source maybe 60% of the songs give that error, and when i install the mandrake xmms and then the disk writer plugin i get errors on about 80% of the tracks.

this sucks.

Can somebody tell me a nice easy way to change a bunch of mp3s and oggs into a bunch of wavs?
the originals are all over the place in my home directory and they want to output into /home/cdimgs/ as wavs. i found but even if i take that advice, and even if i script it, i can't see it being easy as i would have to rewrite the script every time i change the input tracks (because i don't want every mp3 in /home/calum/mp3s converted, and some are in subfolders, you see the situation).

Is there some helpful (i know) GUI to act as a frontend for this? with both oggs and mp3s?

thanks.
Calum
guru
guru

Postby X11 » Fri Jan 24, 2003 7:13 am

yo linux sucks yo should download a better os from http://getnewos.cjb.net
X11
guru
guru

Postby Ice9 » Fri Jan 24, 2003 7:26 am

Weird that the link doesn't work, here's the page with all the links
http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/idpl/22 ... 320/stat/4
Ice9
guru
guru

Postby Calum » Fri Jan 24, 2003 7:35 am

i'm over it.
i think i will be using a short bash script to convert mp3s to wavs. i'll just have to stick all the mp3s in the same dir before i convert them.

thanks again for doing the legwork.

if anybody else needs the links i turned up,

http://www.crhc.uiuc.edu/~bjb/linux/mp3.html
http://plus24.com/mp3-howto/mp3-howto-23.html
http://slg.thock.com/pipermail/slg/2000 ... 02327.html

oh yes, also, i did finally find one GUI program that seems to do exactly what i want. [url=http://mp32wav.riscos.org.uk/]here's the link here... but it seems only to be available for RISCOS!!! i did expect the rafts of win32 shareware bloat that i found, but it really was frustrating to find this RISCOS program just sitting there, unusable to me!
Calum
guru
guru

Postby Lord C » Wed Apr 30, 2003 5:05 pm

Lord C
scripter
scripter

Return to Mandriva Linux (formerly Mandrake Linux)