Evolution 14. + Palm + Suse9.1 Pro

Discuss Applications
cdhgold
administrator
administrator

Evolution 14. + Palm + Suse9.1 Pro

Post by cdhgold »

I'm trying to get evolution to synch with my palm m515 when i run the pilot-settings setup from within evolution it gets to point of retreiving the user id and gets the follwing error

Application "gpilotd" (process 9530) has crashed
due to a fatal error.
(Segmentation fault)

any ideas?

Chris

Linux Frank
administrator
administrator

Post by Linux Frank »

This is a USB device right?

If you run the gpilotd config applet you should be able to set the timeout to more than the default 2 seconds. Suggest 4 or 5. Sounds like you might have the possible race conditon issue. I have seen it suggested that if you kill the hotsink process wait a few seconds and then run the sync this should help.

What dist. you using?

If this fails, does kpilot work?

cdhgold
administrator
administrator

Post by cdhgold »

thanks for the tip but no go yes it is usb .. tried settings it as high as 5 or even 10 no go still get the same error but process # 4968

chris

Linux Frank
administrator
administrator

Post by Linux Frank »

Hmm, that was about all I could find on the subject. You might want to head over to www.gnome.org and look through the gnome-pilot-list on the discussions area.

I have been lead to understand that you can configure the connection from Evolution rather than use the setup gpilot applet. I am not sure how this is done, but it might help. Also I am led to understand that gpilot is not the best of the handheld connection tools.

You might also try setting the devce to wait permanetly for sync. You'd have to see the developer backdoor, but whether this will help I don't know.

You might also read through this, I'm not sure if it tells you anything new ximian support - setup Palm pilot in evolution